• Team Management
• Art Direction
• over 12 years´ experience in UI Design
• strong layout and design skills in multiple software packages
• profound knowledge in video editing and post production
• self organization and tremandous motivation
• flexibility and dedication
• excellent Team playing abilities
I am a passionate UI Designer and Art Director who has been working in the Games Industry for 12 years. I love to craft clean, simple and engaging interactive experiences. Make sure to hit me up if you`d like to work together!
Head of Art
Company: Innogames GmbH, Hamburg, Germany - (May 2019 - Present)
As Head of Art I am responsible for the entire Portfolio of the company.
I am in charge of all Visual related topics as well as the management of 53 Artists.
Expert UI / UX Manager
Company: Netease Games, Guangzhou, China - (Dec 2017 - May 2019)
At Netease Games, I was responsible for the supervision of 5 mobile game projects. I was in charge of defining the user interface, the creation of UI guidelines, the creation of style-guides and the development of junior staff members.
Company: Innogames GmbH, Hamburg, Germany - (Feb 2016 - Dec 2017)
I was responsible for leading the art team of the Project "Lost Survivor". The main tasks were the art direction and art management of the project. Defining style-guides and creating the artistic vision for the game. Besides that, I was in charge of staffing the team and to develop the artists of the project.
Sr. UI Artist
Company: Innogames GmbH, Hamburg, Germany - (Nov 2013 - Feb 2016)
For the game Elvenar, I was in full responsibility of defining the user interface for the browser version of the game as well as establishing the style for the mobile version. I was in charge of managing user tests, the creation of all layouts and guidelines.
UI / UX Artist
Company: Ubisoft , Dusseldorf, Germany - (May 2010 - Nov 2013)
At Ubisoft Bluebyte I was involved in the console game productions of the studio. I was in charge of the user interface creation of several PS3 and WiiU titles as well as the user interface Lead for Assassin`s Creed Identity.
Company: Rainfire Entertainment, Essen, Germany - (Sep 2008 - May 2010)
I was working on many, contract based, Nintendo DS Games for external publishers. I created art assets and designed the user interface for all of the Nintendo DS productions.
Company: Northworks Software, Hamburg, Germany - (Oct 2007 - Jul 2008)
I was responsible for the interface design of "Goalunited". Back in 2008, we developed one of the first GUI based browser games. My tasks included the creation of all layouts, the implementation in flash and animation of all UI related assets.
Company: Xybris Interactive, Bielefeld, Germany - (May 2007 - Oct 2007)
I was mainly creating concept art for 2 browsergames of the Bielefeld based "Start-Up", in-game assets and marketing art for an online games platform.
• Marvel: Super War (Netease Games 2019)
• Harry Potter: Magic Awakens (Netease Games 2018)
• FortCraft / Creative Destruction (Netease Games 2018)
• Knives Out (Netease Games 2018)
• It`s Alive (Netease Games 2018)
• Storm Arena (Netease Games 2018)
• Lost Survivor (Innogames 2017)
• Elvenar Mobile (Innogames 2016)
• Assassin`s Creed Identity ( Ubisoft 2013)
• The Settlers Online (Ubisoft 2012)
• Amplifind (Personal Project 2012)
• Nostos ( VR / Netease Games TBA)
• Your Shape Fitness Evolved (Wii U / Ubisoft 2012)
• My Fitness Coach Club (PS3 / Ubisoft 2011)
• Germany`s Next Topmodel (PS3 / Midway 2009)
• Oktoberfest DS (NDS / Sat1Prosieben Media AG 2008)
• Bibi und Tina - das grosse Unwetter (NDS / Kiddinx 2008)
• Bibi und Tina - die Schnitzeljagd (NDS / Kiddinx 2008)
• Elvenar (Innogames 2013)
• The Settlers Online (Ubisoft 2012)
• BallersUnited (Northworks 2007)
• GoalUnited (Northworks 2007)
"Herewith I highly recommend Oliver as a professional colleague and an experienced game developer. I worked with Oliver for almost 3 years and during this time he always impressed me with his graphical skills and social abilities as well. Oliver is also a synonym for intelligence, loyalty, empathy and fun. I would work with him again any time."
"Oliver Zumstein is a professional, creative and talented 2D Artist and passionate User Interface Designer. I have worked with Oliver for about ten months on two different commercial products at Ubisoft / Blue Byte. The work he created was clear, concise and attractive, while still striking the balance to be also efficient and consistent. I can highly recommend Oliver as one of the best digital artists that I have had the pleasure to work with."
Özkan Can - Solutions Architect @ Amazon Web Services